8.16.2009

sunday feature: ahhhh sweet clutches

This week I took the time to interview the designer behind the Eclu clutches. Jami is a Massachusetts-based designer and I really like her designs. The link to her Etsy shop is located at the bottom of the post if you want to see more! Happy Sunday. —Jess

How did you first become interested in designing clutches?
I think I have always been designing clutches. I remember being 11 years old and spending days making purses out of paper and filling them with all kinds of girlie accessories. As a grown up, I started sewing when I couldn't find a small backpack for my daughters. I wanted something unique and fun, but small enough that my 5 year old wouldn't fall over when it was full of her precious things.....so, I found a pattern and that is how my sewing began. Eventually I found myself making those little purses again.

Do you have a favourite colour scheme?
Colors... I go through phases. At the moment grey, brown and cream are my favorites. ( I know, not very colorful )

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from everywhere, but usually fashion. I will see a jacket in a vintage store and a particular detail might give me an idea for a bag. I am a home decor magazine junkie and often color combinations or textures will catch my eye and I will think about how I can translate those elements to my little clutches. Right now I am in love with deconstructed designs.

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Paris. Nuff said.

Credit: Eclu

No comments: